This awareness course is intensive, dynamic and top heavy of practical and scenario-based learning. The course includes table top discussions, where the collective can discuss, learn and look at various approaches and enhanced measures to ensure their own and their colleague’s safety, whilst operating in areas that have a high risk and/or remote.
Description of objectives:
• Country threat and risk overviews;
• Cross cultural awareness and communication;
• Risk assessments;
• Residential/Hotel security;
• Crisis management;
• Kidnap avoidance and Hostage survival;
• Journey management/Planning and Navigation;
• Conflict management/resolution;
• Personal stress management & emotional wellbeing;
• Bribery and corruption to name a few.
Benefits of attending:
You will leave having learnt lifesaving knowledge!
Students who successfully complete this course will be issued with a Horizon West Africa certificate of completion which is valid for three (3) years.Who should attend?
Any person or organisation conducting business or travel within areas that are deemed remote and/or hostile.